Monday, March 23, 2009

Summer 2009


I hope everyone is having a good start to the week so far. I'm starting my week off being very tired, but what else is new these days.

I will continue to update my top 10 favourite places list at a later time, but for now I thought I would talk a little bit about my summer travel plans. There are still some things that are up in the air, but I thought I'd talk about the things that are planned.


So, the dates aren't set yet, but I'll be going to Germany for a couple of weeks to visit family and friends, which I'm very excited about. Its amazing how much I miss Germany when it comes to spring. I miss the smells, the people, the food! ..Did I mention the food??

The other big piece of European travel news in my life: ROMANIA!
My father is taking a week off work while I'm there and we're going away. He gave me a list of possible places, and one of them included a roadtrip of Romania. He has loved Vampires and Dracula and all things dark like that since I was a kid, so I know he'll really love it. I did a little research and looked up gothic castles and sights to see in Bucharest and Transylvania, and I have to admit I'm in love. There is so much history in that area mixed in with an air of the supernatural. The castles and villages look like they belong in a movie.
I'm curious if anyone out there has been to the area and has any tips or suggestions?

Bran Castle (fictional home of Dracula)

The other piece of information, I'm going on what has become an annual trip to New York City. I love New York, its one of the busiest and best cities in the world. I believe it is part of my Top 10, and if I forgot it, it should certainly make the cut.

Those are my plans so far, stay tuned for updates and plans and eventually pictures!

2 comments:

  1. OH i always wanna visit Romania. I like how ancient it is, so historical and the views. Oh the views. I didnt get the chance to visit it in my last euro trip, next time it's a must for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely plans! Do share more :-)

    ReplyDelete