Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thoughts on Thursday

This whole not-knowing-about-the-future-desperate-to-find-a-job thing is really starting to take its toll on me. Applying for jobs, constantly updating my resume and customizing cover letters is the most depressing thing in the world. So naturally it puts me into a foul mood, but then whenever I try to cheer myself up by putting on a movie - I feel a constant stabbing of guilt that I'm not putting 100% of my daily energy towards finding a job. Not to mention the crazy-guilt when I spend even the smallest amount on anything materialistic. 

I've started painting again in an effort to take my mind off of other things, but the colors associated with my long-term NYC skyline project are drying out so now I either have to scour Michael's for similar colours (which won't match and will bother me) or ask my Grandmother to write to the company in Germany and see if they sell replacement colors. Either way I've had to put that project on hold so I'm now in the process of painting a cute colorful kitchen-sketch instead. 

I've also become quite the crafts person lately, my glitter candle holder craft turned out pretty well but could still use another coat. I also have 2 tin cans cleaned out and ready to be used for either storage or cute garden lanterns for summer.

I do what I can to keep myself occupied during the day, but I know that ultimately I won't be totally at ease until I know what I'll be doing next year.

Sort of on the same vain, I am now officially a licensed teacher. I received the approved notification via email this morning and just have to wait for my actual card to be sent in the mail. 

The bestests wedding - and wedding preparations - are well under way. With a little over 3 months to go it's crazy how time is flying, and I'm not even the bride! I have many things to blog about involving Bridal Shower Planning, but since I know the lovely bride-to-be reads this blog, they will stay hidden until an undisclosed time.  She is going for her first dress-fitting tonight and I can't wait to see her in her wedding dress.


No comments:

Post a Comment