Monday, February 13, 2012

10 Day Challenge - Day 2: Songs

Hello hello! So I'm only like 4 days behind, BUT I have a very good reason. I spent all of last week in the good ol' South (Virginia to be exact) and left this little laptop of mine at home. So here is me playing a little game of catch-up.


I'm supposed to pick 2 songs. Just 2 - really? I listen to a lot of music, particularly when I'm doing housework or driving, and songs always seem to affect my mood. All it takes is the first few chords of a song to either lift my spirits or bring back painful memories. That being said, I also don't really have a "favorite song" because it really depends on how I'm feeling at the time. Here are my current favorite songs:

1. "Empire State of Mind Pt. 2" by Alicia Keys - Sort of speaks for itself and my never-ending love affair with New York City. I'll have lots more to write about my whirlwind 12-hour vacay in NYC in an upcoming post.

2. "September" by Daughtry - I've been in a sort of Memory Lane-ish mood the last few days, and I feel like the lyrics really speak to how I sometimes feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment