Sunday, January 2, 2011

A new year

It's been ages since I've last blogged, and frankly I didn't know if I'd be returning at all. I've been going through some stuff and I find I've been turning to my actual journal instead of my laptop. With the start of the new year I'm trying to get back into my blogging routine.

I had a good conversation about the future with my oldest-standing friend yesterday. We went to kindergarten together, and although our lives have taken each of us in very different directions (both geographically and metaphorically) we've always remained friends and see each other about once a year. I don't know what the year ahead holds for me, but I do know that it's up to me to make it happen. I don't believe in resolutions, partly because I never keep them, but mostly because my goals are more emotional.

For example, my goal for 2011 is to be happy. Happy with myself. Happy with my surroundings. Happy with my family. Happy with my friends. Happy with life.

I hope the year ahead is all that you want it to be for each and every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment