Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy (belated) birthday to me!


Does that sound totally self-absorbed? I apologize if it does. Yesterday was my birthday, and I generally don't like my birthday for a few different reasons. Being born at the beginning of the year means that I'm generally the oldest among my group of friends. This was especially true during the school-years, and quite honestly I hated it. Also, being born at the end of the holiday season means that by the time January 4th rolls around most people are either tired, sick, broke or a combination thereof. Me included!

This year I was not in the mood to celebrate at all. I'm still not quite okay with the age that I turned, and for now will only refer to myself as "twenty-something" - but in the end I did have a very nice day. I'm having a small get-together with some friends this coming weekend, so yesterday was just my mom and I. We went out to a mall downtown, had lunch, walked around and just had some bonding time.


One very nice perk of having a birthday - Sephora and their birthday gift! All you have to do is sign up for a "beauty insiders card" (free) and then when it's your birthday they give you Philosophy's "Vanilla Birthday Cake" shower gel for free. No purchase necessary. It was seriously cool, and it smells amazing!


On the way home last night I stopped at my local Walmart to look at board games. I'm a total nerd and love board games. Love them. I seem to accumulate a new game around my birthday every year. I've been looking for Pictionary for a while, but it seemed to be hard to find (no idea why). WELL - last night I found something even better.


It's a new version of Pictionary, with a little man and props to draw on instead. I've been playing around with it since last night, and it seems like it will be fun.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday!

    I, too, love boardgames and my current favorite is Quelf. There's no rhyme, reason, or strategy to it, but it's sooo much fun.

    -Justine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the birthday wishes!

    ooh what's Quelf?? I have to google that now!

    ReplyDelete