Tuesday, January 11, 2011

[upcoming] Teachable Moments continued

I finally managed to settle my second teaching placement this morning. The problem is, I opted to do my placement in the Social Science department since that is my second teachable. I studied Humanities in University, which means I have a background in the "social" aspect of social science. Meaning, sociology, psychology and anthropology.

The problem is, it seems that within the new high school curriculum all social science teachers are automatically put into the family studies department. In other words - cooking, sewing and parenting. NONE of which I can do. The only meal I can make by myself that does not involve packaged food or a microwave is spaghetti, I cannot sew to save my life and I have zero experience dealing with children. Add in the worries of a first-year teacher and you have a very panicked Ella.

I start my placement on tuesday, and I have to be honest and admit that I'm scared. Very scared. I don't want to make a fool of myself in front of a room full of teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment