Monday, January 30, 2012

Job Hunt frustrations

2 posts in one day, almost seems like a record. The truth is, I feel incredibly frustrated at the moment and blogging always helps me work through my problems.

Now that I have completed my teaching degree, the next challenge is finding a job. I've spent the better part of the last week scouring job posting websites and applying for positions that even remotely interest me. At the moment I am more concerned with finding something to tide me over until I either get a teaching position or figure out my next step.

It's taken me many years to figure out what I want to do with my life, and in many ways I'm still not 100% sure - but I do know that I'm narrowing it down bit by bit. My frustration is this - I keep finding postings for positions that I know I would be perfect for and that I would love to do, but right now I lack the necessary experience. It's incredibly frustrating. I am fully aware that one of the best ways to gain experience is to intern or volunteer, which I'm completely fine with, except that the lack of money will eventually catch up to me. And then what?

Can someone please invent a money tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment