Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Last Class

That's right everyone. Today is officially my last class of my undergraduate (B.A) career at University!

I still have to go back once next week and hand in a paper and finish one more by e-mail, and then it is all over. I'm still waiting to hear back from the Graduate Schools that I applied to, so after next week I'm stuck in educational limbo so to say.

These 4 years have simply flown by. I tried to remember who I was 4 years ago when I started university, and the truth is that I can't remember. I know I was a very different person, and had a very different path ahead of me at the time, but I cannot seem to remember what kind of person I was.

I'm lucky to still have the same group of friends that I did then, and a few new ones that I have added to the mixture.

I learned a lot about myself in these last 4 years, both professionally and personally. These have been some of the best and the worst years of my life, but I believe everything that has happened to me has made me the person I am today and has made me stronger. I suppose I'm feeling very nostalgic and a tad whistful today, trying to reflect but at the same time look towards the future.

11 comments:

  1. Yay--congrats!

    I remember when I graduated, I was so ready to
    go into the "real world." Now, after three years in the real world, I long to be a student again....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Ella! It's such a milestone. I remember leaving campus for the last time...I think I cried!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Welcome to real life and adulthood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayyy! Congratulations, what an accomplishment! Make sure you take time to relax and enjoy before you start grad school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I felt so nostaligic too. But then it passes, you move on and you start another path in your life. Congratulations! Enjoy the holidays!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! The university years are strange ones, mostly in a good way, but with a handful of bad moments. As someone who has yet to graduate (I'm clinging on to those last few courses in my B.A. before I get thrown into the real world) I don't really know how it feels, but what you described seems pretty typical. Make sure you take some time to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Thats so cool, I'm glad your stronger now. Take Care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. woo hoooo!!! おめでとう!! congrats!

    your BA IS FOUR YEARS?? good grief! ours is 3. and then from the 4th is postgrad.

    you should apply for a rotary scholarship and go study at my old uni in South Africa. free ride. and they love canadians. my professors always say - never pay for postgrad. and its true. there are so many ways of getting scholarships!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for all your comments everyone! I apprechiate all the nice words!

    @ Sarah - really?? Postgrad is free there?? I'm seriously looking into that

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha I wouldn't pay for it! Look at rotary scholarships and the Fulbright. We all apply for the postgrad merit award. But rotary is the way to go. And you can get your masters in one year. No jokes!

    ReplyDelete