Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Life with GG - 2011 Edition - Volume 1

Hello everyone! It's been a while since my last post, and many things have happened since then. Rome has been conquered so-to-say and I'm now comfortably at my Grandparents' place. Back by popular request is the annual "Life with GG" segment, where I broadcast actual conversations I either have or overhear while I'm here. I refer to her as GG (short for German Grandmother)

If you want to catch up on last years posts, go
HERE. I preface all posts by saying that I love my Grandmother very much, but just that she sometimes drives me crazy. If you want a snapshot of what it's like here, picture Emily Gilmore from Gilmore Girls but with less money. That's pretty much spot on.

__________________________________________________________


Ella: *drying her hair*
GG: You have bangs now!?!
Ella: No, the hair just stopped growing.
GG: You have bangs now.

Ella: Do you like them?
GG: No.

you can never say she's not honest

__________________________________________________________

GG: *picks up sweater of mine*  Do you wash this?
Ella: *sighs* we went through this last year. Believe it or not we do have washing machines at home.
GG: That's not what I meant, you really shouldn't be so sensitive.
Ella: .............................


___________________________________________________________

Ella: *leaves the room while GG is in another room*
GG: Child, where are you going?
Ella: I'll be right back.
GG: I come back in and you're gone. Are you running away from me?
Ella: *sighs* GG, it's a one-bedroom appartment, I'm not going far. This isn't a palace.


___________________________________________________________

*Ella gety up first thing in the morning and wanders into the kitchen where GG is sitting*

GG: *in something resembling a baby voice* awwww look who's here!!
Ella: *deadpan* Yes. It seems to be a miracle that I can manage to get up on my own.
GG: *same voice* ooooohhhh someone's in a bad mood!
Ella: *deadpan* Please don't talk to me until after I've had breakfast.
GG: *silently stares at Ella and watches her eat cereal*
Ella: *looks up*
GG:  Is this better?
Ella: *rolls eyes a little* Much. Now I just feel like a zoo animal.  



___________________________________________________________

That's it for now, I'll try to post another segment in a few days!

1 comment:

  1. I literally laughed out loud reading those.

    "are you running away from me?"

    ReplyDelete