Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The "Arab awakening"

Since I'm now officially booked to go to Morocco in a few weeks, I've been keeping a very close eye on all the happenings in the middle-east. First Egypt. Then Algeria. Now pretty much everyone.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the people that are finally getting a decent Governement and all that - but really, you couldn't wait until say... April?

Apparantly Morocco has been having demonstrations for the last few days involving thousands of people, tear gas and rubber bullets. You know, all fun touristy things like that. I'm being sarcastic. Obviously.

My government's foreign affairs website has upped the travel advisory for Morocco to "Exercise high degree of caution" and tells visitors to avoid public gatherings. But yet does not issue any "Official Warning".

All of this essentially leaves me in limbo, with no idea what to do and just a little bit of a fear for my safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment