Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

Blog Status: Ella is feeling a little bumbed

Do you ever get the feeling that Halloween isn't what it used to be?

I didn't grow up with Halloween, in Germany Mardi Gras is celebrated with costumes and candy in February instead but I always knew about this elusive holiday from cartoons and movies.

So you can imagine how excited I was to go trick-or-treating the first time (at the tender age of 10). I believe I dressed up as a witch and I filled pretty much a whole pillowcase full of candy and chocolates.

Tonight I think my house got a total of 10 kids in the span of 3 hours. I remember the days when the doorbell wouldn't even stop ringing and we'd run out of candy. Instead, I'm sitting here munching on leftovers.

This year is the first time in many years that I haven't hosted a Halloween party. I didn't think it would bother me, but the truth is that it does. It's been a very quiet weekend.

I hope you all had a good Halloween weekend across the blogosphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment