Friday, August 20, 2010

Favorite Fridays - Chick Lit!

Blog Status: Ella is reminiscing about some very old pictures that just showed up on facebook courtesy of the bestest

Jumping right back into the swing of all things blog, I've decided to participate in Jen's Favorite Fridays topic this week - Chick Lit!

Favorite Fridays

This one is right up my alley since 75% of the books I read can be considered Chick-Lit. It's also hard because now I have to go through and pick the best. My bookshelf is covered in bright pastel colored books with sparkly or script writing. The tell-tale signs of Chick-Lit.

I'm going to pick some of my favorites but also lesser known authors and books. I'm sure most of you have either read or heard of both Sophie Kinsella and Emily Giffin (both good Chick-lit authors!)


A few weeks ago I read "Hope in a Jar" by Beth Harbison and loved it. I thought her characters were very well developed and the plot actually had me guessing pretty much until the end.


Another one of my more obscure favorites is "Paris Hangover" by Kristen Lobe. A woman gets dumped and takes off to Paris and discovers what life is like in the city of love. The novel is both funny and heartfelt, definitely a good read if you love Paris.
Another wonderful Chick-Lit author is Gemma Townley. She's british so her writing has a bit of an English twist to it but I've thoughroughly enjoyed the 2 novels of hers that I've read so far.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read either of those, so I am trusting you and picking one up :) I'm a stuffy English teacher who loves to escape the academic world with some good chic-lit! Super cute blog, darlin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have not heard of either one of these; thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Paris one looks really good! I'll probably end up checking it out, thanks Ella! :)

    ReplyDelete