Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Favourite Childhood Toys

Kelly over at Keeping up with Kelly has a wonderful feature entitled "Top 3 Thursdays"

Every wednesday she posts a "Top 3" question and anyone who wants can answer it. I'm new to Kelly's blog so I don't know what she's done in the past, but I saw this week's post and I just knew I had to answer it.

So here are my top 3 Favourite Childhood Toys.


Without question, my number one favourite childhood toy is my teddy bear, "Bar Bar" (pronounced "Bear Bear" ...I was 4, gimme a break, the only spelling I knew at that point came from German Sesame Street) I'll even let you all in on a little secret, not only do I still have him, but he still sleeps on my bed. Yup. He's been stuffed and sewn so many different times I'm not even sure what he's made of anymore, but above all he's still my childhood teddy.

A close second would have to be My Little Pony. The original ones from the late 80's and early 90's. I L-O-V-E-D those as a kid, and I had over 100 of them plus a few houses. I spent nearly every day playing with my Ponies, drawing Ponies, reading Pony magazines or watching Pony movies. I still have them all in boxes in the basement.


Number 3 would have to be Fabuland & Playmobil.


I'm not sure how readily available Fabuland stuff was in North America. According to Wikipedia, Fabuland was a bridge between Duplo and actual Lego, but the line was discontinued in 1989, only giving me about 2 play-able years. The concept was similar to Lego but aimed more at younger children and it had an almost fairy-tale aspect to it.

Playmobil on the other hand, is still active to this day. The circus pictured down below was one of my absolute favourite sets, and I used to spend hours creating an entire circus complete with animals and acrobats.


Does anyone else remember Fabuland? Or am I slowly going crazy?

What were your favourite childhood toys?

4 comments:

  1. Love My Little Ponies!!!!
    Never heard of Fabuland

    I have a bear that I was given when I was a newborn from my great-grandparents good friend.

    oh you can go back on the other Top 3 by clicking on the TOP 3 THURSDAY Button
    Thanks for playing
    have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I love how you spell favorite.
    2) My faves were (read: still are) Mall Madness, MY teddy (not only is his home my bed, but I still sleep with him!) and my mom's old Barbies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love my little ponies? Come on!

    My favorite? Barbies or Bratz- by far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's great you still have your childhood toys. I've kept some of mine. My favorites were:

    1) Legos
    2) A "skip-it"
    3) My bathtub toys, especially my rubber duckies

    ReplyDelete