Sunday, March 4, 2012

Planning a Bridal Shower - Part 1

You don't know how long I've been itching to blog about this particular subject. This is one of the drawbacks to having IRL friends read your blog - you can't post anything that they aren't supposed to know about.

You've heard me talk about the Bestest before and how her wedding is coming up in May, well I've spent the better part of the last 2 months planning her semi-surprise Bridal Shower with her mom, sister and the rest of the Bridesmaids.


I honestly never knew exactly how much work a shower for 40+ people actually is. Once we had the general things covered I thought we were basically done. In hindsight I don't know what I was thinking. Even though I spent the majority of last week being exhausted and drowning in Shower details, she's my best friend and deserves an amazing shower - so in the end it was all worth it. It was my first time organizing and planning such a huge party, but the general consensus seemed to turn out pretty well.

Up first in the planning process was the invitations. I spent an evening playing around with Photoshop, and the result were the invitations above. Then came the process of addressing close to 50 invitations - by hand. Luckily I had another Bridesmaid to help me out with this particular task.


Since I don't want to turn this post into a novel, I'm going to break it up into a few different entries. Up Next:   Games & Prizes

No comments:

Post a Comment