Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The first snow + B09BC: December 7/8/9


It's finally happened. After the first snowless November in 70 years, the white stuff has hit us with avengance. I woke up around 5:15 this morning to the sound of snowplows on my street, the sight was both beautiful and horrible. I enjoy snowy days when I can sit at home wrapping presents or baking, not digging my car out from under 3 feet of the white stuff.
Today was a long day and I'm very glad to be at home now cuddled up in bed with my trusty laptop on my lap. Without further ado I present the next 3 days of the Best of 2009 Blog Challenge

December 7 Blog find of the year. That gem of a blog you can't believe you didn't know about until this year.
Easy question! I only started blogging in March of this year, so my blog gems are all of you! I'm not kidding. I don't know how I didn't discover the blogosphere earlier, it has become such a source of knowledge, friendship and survival for me in many ways. I heart each and every one of you who stumbles into my corner of the internet and cares about my daily ramblings!

December 8 Moment of peace. An hour or a day or a week of solitude. What was the quality of your breath? The state of your mind? How did you get there?
My moment of peace occured on Canadian Thanksgiving this year. My mom was away in Europe and I was by myself. Thanksgiving never really meant that much to me so I didn't mind being alone for the most part. I woke up the morning of Thanksgiving with a yearning for a real feast for dinner and spontaneously decided to cook for myself. I got a chicken breast (no way was I attempting a Turkey by myself the day of) instant mashed potatoes, gravy and stuffing mix and brownie mix for dessert. All in all I was very impressed with my cooking abilities. I sat at the table by myself and reflected on all that I was thankful for. It was a very insightful and educational experience. It was both lonely and freeing.

December 9 Challenge. Something that really made you grow this year. That made you go to your edge and then some. What made it the best challenge of the year for you?
This one is a toughie. Finishing up my last year of University and having the University go on strike for 3 months was definitely a challenge. I spent many late nights and weekends at the library in my final months working on papers and reading, which I actually do miss in many ways.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I love snow! We don't usually get much here, and typically it melts really quick and we are stuck with ice. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember snow from Poland... I loved it and hated it at the same time. I remember having to change the tyres, skidding on the roads, accidents, but at the same time the charm of winter which I miss so much in Sicily...

    ReplyDelete