Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mad Men style icon - January Jones



Have I told you how much I'm currently in love with the HBO show "Mad Men"? If you follow me on Twitter you've no doubt seen a few posts lately. I realize that I'm about 3 years behind in the times, but trust me I'm trying to catch up quickly! 


I downloaded season 1 from iTunes last year on a whim because it was on sale for $12.99 and since then I've been hooked. That being said, I'm still only at the beginning of season 2, but what draws me in more than anything is the fashion. January Jones' character "Betty Draper" is my absolute style icon, whether she's in a fabulous dress or simple pants she always looks amazing. If I could master 1960's style makeup,  I would be in heaven. 


Don't you just LOVE the dress?


I'm a real girly girl, especially in the summer, and practically live in dresses; and recently I've become obsessed with vintage-style dresses from the 1960's. I have 3 semi "Mad Men" looking dresses, but I've also discovered an amazing site that has hundreds of vintage-inspired dresses that I'm absolutely drooling over!
I'm not a fan of buying clothes online (shopping is my cardio) but this site has me more and more tempted each time I visit it. I'll post some examples below, but check out ModCloth for more styles! How gorgeous are these dresses?? The best part is that they are reasonably affordable, most are only around $100 or 


Dainty Doodler Dress
Dainty Doodler Dress

Trusty Rose Dress
Trusty Rose Dress 



Make Me Wanna Shout Dress
Make Me Wanna Shout Dress

Day After Day Dress
Day After Day Dress


*disclaimer: I am in no way endorsed by modcloth.com - I just share my opinions on things you might like. Both Mad Men pictures are courtesy of Google Images 

No comments:

Post a Comment