Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Beautiful Baltimore

Market Street

Hello? Anyone still out there? I've been so busy the last 2 weeks that there just hasn't been time to blog. I've barely been home, let alone near my laptop.  Where have I been you might ask? I spent 5 days 'down South' and 5 days 'up North' since my last post. 

Market Street

My father and step-mother live in Washington D.C (Virginia) so I flew down to see them for a couple of days. Due to the high cost of Airline travel, I had to get creative and managed to find an affordable flight on Southwest flying into Baltimore. My dad drove the hour or so and picked me up in Baltimore, and suggested we tour the city because it was my first time being there.



USS Constellation 


Now I should preface this by saying that I always thought Baltimore was a typical American city. Some skyscrapers, some suburbs, nothing especially spectacular. I could not have been more wrong! 


Baltimore is a beautiful city with a rich and vibrant history and amazing waterfront. I especially fell in love with the "market street" area which looks just like a small town smushed in the middle of a big city. 

Baltimore Harbor

I've learned that I will never again judge a city by any preconceived notions I may have, I found Baltimore to be one of those places where I could really see myself living one day and I was very pleasantly surprised!  

No comments:

Post a Comment