Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Some diversions and updates on my life

I feel like Twitter has somehow replaced my blogging addiction. I find that I tend to blog most when I don't feel that I "have to" - which is exactly how I've been feeling the last number of months. Every time I log onto Blogger (and I do so almost daily) I look at the date of my last post and cringe because it's been so long.


Then I get that familiar feeling of "I really need to blog" - and promptly go and do something else. The weird thing is that I've really missed this place while at the same time ignoring it. I've also noticed my followers dwindle and my comments go down to almost nothing. While it does make me a little sad, I do not blame anyone in the slightest seeing as I haven't been keeping my end of the bargain and commenting on all of your wonderful blogs either. 


I've become quite interested in historical fiction recently, and am currently about half way through my second book. Philippa Gregory is a historian of British History, more specifically the Tudor period and Elizabethan England. The Bestest lent me "The Other Boleyn Girl" when I was in Europe, and I loved it! I'm now reading the 3rd in her series ("The Virgin's Lover") and may very well keep going from there. 


I don't have a job for the summer, but I'm finding that I'm actually pretty busy and the days are already going by way too fast for my liking. July is shaping up to be a very busy month for me. Among other things I have 3  small trips planned, a girlfriend from Germany in town for a few days and a 60th Birthday celebration for my mom! 


How is your summer going? What do you have planned? Update me on your lives! 

1 comment:

  1. I like having you back, but I like having you on Twitter even more!!! :)

    ReplyDelete