Thursday, April 14, 2011

A zen kind of moment

Hello bloggers,




I'm trying to squeeze in a quick blog while I'm sitting in my Social Science class. I think I have something like 4 drafts saved now of posts that I've started and discarded in the last 2 weeks. Every time I sit down to write, something else gets in my way. I've been pushing myself to get all my work done lately, and the final stretch is finally upon me. There's about 4 weeks left in my semester, and then I'm off for the summer!



Now that the weather is getting better and Spring is upon us, I've made a pact with myself to get active and get myself into shape. I've been toying with the idea of getting back into yoga for a while now - and when I say "back into" I'm referring to the semi-attempt I made in my 3rd year of University when I took an "Eastern Philosophies" class - so on Tuesday the Bestest and I attended our first yoga class. 



It was about an hour and a half of poses similar to the one pictured above accompanied by zen-like music and  the soothing voice of our yoga teacher. We emerged feeling fit, healthy and slightly-less-stressed-out. Yesterday we felt stiff, sore and slightly-hit-by-a-car-like. Today seems better though so I have faith it will work


Side note to the Bestest: look at the picture I found, wonder how many classes before we can do poses like that - something to look forward to?

looks painful, no?


I learned two major things from my first class: ex-dancers seemingly have the WORST balance in the world, and knowing the difference between left and right is VERY helpful when doing Yoga - both things I will be working on next week!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Oh my goodness, it's been ages! Thanks so much for your sweet travel comment and tips...I knew you'd probably have loads haha. I'm looking for that No Jet Lag stuff right now! Never even heard of it before...

    Also Rome will be AMAZING, oh my goodness, I hope you have a wonderful time. xo

    ReplyDelete