Sunday, September 26, 2010

The beginning of a new (school) year

Blog Status: Ella is feeling very accomplished

I've been writing this post in my head for days during my down time - ie. in the car or before falling asleep - but for some reason I just haven't had the time to actually type it out until right now.

Since I've pretty much spent my life in a classroom, my internal clock always sees September as a new year. To me, New Years is just another holiday between Christmas and my birthday but September is the beginning of fall, the end of summer and the start of another school year. In other words, a new beginning.

This particular September has found yours truly back in a highschool setting. My placement school. I've now completed one week of placement and the verdict - I love it! I almost squealed with glee when I walked into my first class and they were studying World War I.

Although I'm exhausted from doing my placement in the morning, having my own classes in the afternoon and then coming home and doing homework I really can't wait to actually start teaching.

I spent the day today washing all my scarves and gloves in perparation for the upcoming season. There's just something about fall that I really love.

Pumpkin and harvest flavoured candles, a crisp wind in the air, taking out my Uggs for the first time and creating new outfits involving leggings and long sweaters

What do you love about fall?

1 comment:

  1. I was just talking to my friend about how we still think of the year in terms of a school year glad we are not the only ones! I love the cool weather! Have a fabulous Monday!

    ReplyDelete