Monday, February 4, 2013

Moving On.


Ever have that feeling that everyone else is moving on with their lives and somehow you just missed the mark? Lately it feels as though every time I log onto Facebook another high school friend is getting married or having a baby.

About six or seven years ago I kept thinking I had so much time left and that there was no rush. Somehow before I realized what was happening people who are younger than I am are accomplishing more and I’m still stuck in the same place.

And of course ‘stuck’ is a wildly generous description seeing as in the last six months I moved to a different country and strange city all by myself where I didn't know a single person.

In the name of full disclosure I should also add that I haven’t exactly done my part as of late in moving my life forward. I spent so many years being jealous and angry that these things were happening for everyone else but at the same time I wasn't exactly putting myself out there either. So I guess in many ways I am to blame for feeling the way I do right now. 

So what's the solution here? If I knew that I likely would not be sitting here alone blogging. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment