Thursday, January 28, 2010

Daily Dose of Random: Opinion Poll #2

1 week since my last post – crap I thought I was getting better! Apparently not. My excuse this time? I don’t have one. I’m sorry. I feel like such a terrible blogger but I think I have a case of the January-blues. I can’t even really complain about the weather, because as Januaries in the “Great White North” go, we’ve been having a pretty damn good one. It’s been unusually warm and we’ve barely had snow (aside from today ironically). Not that I’m particularly gloomy either, I think it’s rather that I’m so tired and worn out these days that I don’t want to do anything but curl up in bed in my sweats and sleep.




Sleep is what brings me to the title of this post. I posted an opinion poll a few months ago about water temperature and teeth brushing. It was really interesting to me to see everyone’s responses. So now I have another one.

This once again started with a conversation between my mother and I. She’s always had trouble sleeping, and generally only manages about 4-5 hours per night. This seems to work for her so her body has gotten used to it. Recently she’s been complaining about waking up throughout the night. Not long she says, but she’ll definitely wake up, look at the clock essentially, and then go back to sleep. She’s stated numerous times that this bothers her because she’s accustomed to her 4-5 hours of solid sleep.

She was very surprised to learn that waking up throughout the night is normal to me. It always has been. Typically I’ll wake up and see the time about 3 times per night; sometimes more and sometimes less. I’ve been waking up periodically my whole life. I’m usually only awake long enough to look at the clock and figure out roughly how many more hours I have before my alarm, but nonetheless I wake.

What do all of you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment